A full changelog will be provided later, but for now, mostly includes fixing exploits and bugs, as well as antihack meaures for the latest available hacks, specially those focused on crashing servers and kick out other players.
As usual, we encourage server admins to update and provide feedback to avoid when possible, false positives and keep servers clean.
As usual, get them in the Downloads section:
2.0.5 Beta 3 (2017-08-01)
Added: INVISIBLE_PLAYER_HACK fix (RODRIGUEZ Mode).
Added: IMMORTAL_PLAYER_HACK new version fix.
Added: IMMORTAL_TEAM_PLAYER_HACK fix.
Fixed: Basic Respawn Bug.
Fixed: False positives when picking up mines and remotes.
Known issues: Some votes can cause false positives for VOTETYPE_HACK; we are researching his one.
2.0.5 Alpha 6 (2017-07-05)
Added: CRASH_SERVER_HACK Fixed.
Added: SERVER_CRASH_HACK at login fixed (Thanks to Vityacv).
Added: CRASH_ALL_PLAYERS_HACK detection.
Added: VOTETEAM_HACK detection, used to kick players with no need for other’s votes.
Added: TEAMID_HACK Detection, for players switched to invalid Team.
Added: IMMORTAL_PLAYER_HACK Detection.
Added: DAMAGE_PLAYER_HACK and it’s variants detection.
Added: ADD_WEAPON_HACK detection.
Added: ADD_AMMOBOX_HACK detection.
Added: ADD_MOD_HACK detection.
Added: ADD_GEAR_HACK detection.
Added: CHAT_SPAM_HACK Detection.
Added: SOUND_SPAM_HACK Detection.
Changed: PICKUP_HACK logic and details on the type of pick up.
Changed: TELEPORT_HACK logic.
Changed: VOTETYPE_HACK logic.
Fixed: Exploit that allowed hackers to ban other players.
Fixed: %s exploit that allowed to crash servers.
Final Update: We have included the latest versions in the download section. Currently Beta 2 and 3 for Linux and Windows. We will just continue uploading the latest dev versions, but they are stable enough for use and include patches for latest hacks availables; we focus on the more damaging ones, like Crash, immortal and invisible players. Check them periodically.
Update 2: Windows version updated to 2.0.5 Alpha 3; fixing more false positives and adding detection of more hack events.
Update: Windows version updated to 2.0.5 Alpha 2; fixing false positives and adding a couple extra features under test.
Server admins should unban DAMAGE_PLAYER_HACK detections caused by a bug int the previous 2.0.5. Alpha 1 testing version. (sorry, my fault).
We are happy to announce the inmediate availability of the SEC2 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 update for FEAR Combat Dedicated Servers.
There are open beta testing versions, so we encourage server admins to keep an eye on their servers and report issues.
- Recent changes:
- Several Hack detection features.
- Sound spam.
- Vote type spam
- Weapon Spawn (Can cause false positives for connections losing packets).
- Kill Player Hack.
- Immortal Players
- Ban other players
- Go Into Invalid Team
- Crash all other players
- Vote Kick players on any Team
Some features may not be available in Linux version. We should release an update for It in the next days.
We want to let you all know we continue the development of the antihack support of SEC2, as long as new features (Some, are related to mod support!).
Also, @Holland released a IPBan tool, perfect to deal with crashers and persistent hackers.
You can find these in the downloads section of the site (Registered users only).
The groups phase has ended, The Playoffs are here!
You can already play your match, please get It done as soon as you can, so you don’t have problems in the last days.
Here are the Brackets!
Okay boys & girls. This is the one you’ve been waiting for to feed your FEAR multi-player addiction in this post (GameSpy) apocalyptic world. 🙂
- New: FEAR Combat client installer (incl. cd-key input)
- New: Includes SEC2 server patch for hosting dedicated server from in-game (great for LAN parties)
- New: FPS Limiter install option
- New: Web updater to check for latest version
- Fixed: 2 minute delay when joining Internet servers
- Changed: In-game multiplayer server list to use fear-community.org master server
- Changed: In-game cd-key editor to allow SEC2 keys and display key on the screen
- Changed: Multiplayer client settings & host menu items moved to main screen
- Changed: “PB Violation” error message to generic “Error” message
Note: An automated update installer for v1.08 will be released at a later date.
The FEAR Launcher 1.4
Here is the latest update for the FEAR Launcher. If you had problems in the past, download this update that will (I hope) Fix most of the known issues.
- Run and play! You no longer need to manually copy It to the Game Directory, automatically will try to locate the FEARMP.exe file and copy to the proper location. Supports scenarios where you have several versions installed, FEAR, Steam FEAR, FEAR Combat, Portable versions, and will allow you to select the one you want to use.
- Now can run without the Multi-language support (Languages Directory). If you don’t copy the Languages Folder, It will disable all multi-language options.
- Auto creates a short-cut on desktop for easy access.
- Restored all Server list functionality, including online players, map and password protection.
- Server List now shows the progress of the servers scanned.
- Fixed Incompatibility with the upcoming FEAR Update.
- If you already have a Short-cut, It won’t be replaced. You can use a launcher for FEAR and other for FEAR Combat, but If you created one, It won’t create another.
- It will overwrite existing copies of the Launcher when automatically moving to the Game Directory.
- When you paste your SEC2 Key, verify you didn’t add extra white spaces in the end of It (The Launcher colour will turn red, remove the extra spaces and It should go back to green/blue).
- When using a SEC2 Key, It will only list SEC2 Servers.
- The Servers info is real-time, but the list Itself isn’t. If you don’t see your server listed, contact us (Sorry for doing this again, we keep the list updated manually until the next SEC2 update that will automatically list servers).
Comment here or use the contact section.
Fixed small bug with missing Languages directory, some empty strings in the GUI.