Due to a fatal HD failure in our hosting service, we need to restore an older backup.
To prevent more registered users losing their accounts, we disabled it again until a better restore point is used.
This process will take several hours, but the game functionality is not affected.
When the maintenance ends, new user registrations will be enabled again.
New users registered yesterday that didn’t get a CDKey will get it then too.
Meanwhile, a new SEC2 update for servers will be released next weekend; we are getting close to 2.0.6 final, the last update before 2.1.0, that will focus on new features long time expected.
The CDKey functionality is working again.
As we previously said, the game is active and should remain this way for long time.
The FEAR Launcher 1.4
Here is the latest update for the FEAR Launcher. If you had problems in the past, download this update that will (I hope) Fix most of the known issues.
- Run and play! You no longer need to manually copy It to the Game Directory, automatically will try to locate the FEARMP.exe file and copy to the proper location. Supports scenarios where you have several versions installed, FEAR, Steam FEAR, FEAR Combat, Portable versions, and will allow you to select the one you want to use.
- Now can run without the Multi-language support (Languages Directory). If you don’t copy the Languages Folder, It will disable all multi-language options.
- Auto creates a short-cut on desktop for easy access.
- Restored all Server list functionality, including online players, map and password protection.
- Server List now shows the progress of the servers scanned.
- Fixed Incompatibility with the upcoming FEAR Update.
- If you already have a Short-cut, It won’t be replaced. You can use a launcher for FEAR and other for FEAR Combat, but If you created one, It won’t create another.
- It will overwrite existing copies of the Launcher when automatically moving to the Game Directory.
- When you paste your SEC2 Key, verify you didn’t add extra white spaces in the end of It (The Launcher colour will turn red, remove the extra spaces and It should go back to green/blue).
- When using a SEC2 Key, It will only list SEC2 Servers.
- The Servers info is real-time, but the list Itself isn’t. If you don’t see your server listed, contact us (Sorry for doing this again, we keep the list updated manually until the next SEC2 update that will automatically list servers).
Comment here or use the contact section.
Fixed small bug with missing Languages directory, some empty strings in the GUI.
Today wednesday 19th December 2012 we will have a SEC2 outage, SEC2 keys won’t work for a couple hours.
This is due to a programmed maintenance that is needed because of the New FEAR Master Server Update. Everything should be back to normal during the morning.
Server Admins: We will push out a new SEC2 build in the newxt hours, as we can confirm all GameSpy support for FEAR Combat is over. The update should fix this.
We would like to know more about how do you people know this site exists.
We made a poll that you can vote, so we know what has been working and what has not.
You can vote in the right sidebar.