Servers missing from list

Home Forums SEC2 Related Servers missing from list

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  =MXT=Fred.cpp 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Lizard
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been noticing that I frequently DONT see servers on “the list” that I know are running. For example: If I time-out on VIP (by minimizing FEAR and going into windows for too long) when I go back to FEAR Combat, the VIP server will not appear on the list of found servers within FEAR. This will last anywhere from 30 minutes to hours unless the server is restarted and then it appears immediately. Something it has nothing to do with timing out. Today I can see VIP on the list of servers on this website, but Combat cannot see the server, it’s entry in my favorites wont work either,but I know that there are 5 players on the server right now. It is not always VIP, frequently I’ll do a search and see MXT had 12 players, but if I do another search – that server does not appear at all.

I know this happens to other users as well. I have the servers port (27888) forwarded thru the router and have checked that this is the correct port.

No amount of restarting my PC resolves this, but as I mentioned if the server is restarted the problem is immediately gone.

Is there another port that Combat uses to access the list?

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Lizard

Frazzle
    Participant

II also have seen this many times.

A bug?

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Not sure, but looks like port forwarding should be done for 27888+2/3 ports next to that one. since the first days I Started hosting servers ( before the “final” MXT CTF I had to forward ports for It to work in my local network, and used to forward 27888,27889,27890,27891,27892 (TCP AND UDP ) and never have had problems like that, even now.

The reason now sometimes MXT CTF Server doesn’t show in the list, is because of the stress It gets for both small maps & too much players. Also, keeping the num of Arch00 files added has reduced the times we were not listed ( we knew this before the Old Master Server Shutdown ).

Lizard
    Participant

I still see this happening. Right now the server list on fear-community.org shows 54 servers and 48 players. When I search for servers from within fear combat I see 47 servers and 24 players.

Phreeze
    Keymaster

@lizard:

This is because the server list on the site is based on reported data from the servers (i.e. server –> master server = outbound communication).

The server list reported in-game is based on your connectivity to the servers (i.e. you -> server = inbound communication).

Most NAT routers allow any outbound communication from internal servers to external, so almost all FEAR servers will be able to report their server details to the master server without issue. However, most NAT routers firewall inbound traffic to internal servers and you have to specifically allow port 27888 UDP to be forwarded to the internal FEAR server.

What this means is that even if the 7 missing servers were reported in-game, you would not be able to connect to them anyways (most often due to lack of port forwarding and/or firewall rules on the server side).

RAMBO-ONE(rus)
    Participant

почему у меня нет в списке сервера-MXT CTF?

RAMBO-ONE(rus)
    Participant

why I do not have the list of server-MXT CTF?

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Sometimes when Is too stressed, doesn’t repply fast, so is not listed. To prevent this, add the servers to the favorite list!

RAMBO-ONE(rus)
    Participant

я так и сделал,добавил в избранные,но потом выходит надпись-у вас другая версия игры.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

This is still because the server is not repplying. click find servers again to try to get In.

RAMBO-ONE(rus)
    Participant

спасибо

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

С удовольствием 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.