Invalid Game Assets, and Disconnected From Server

Home Forums SEC2 Related Bug Reports / Request Support Invalid Game Assets, and Disconnected From Server

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  =MXT=Fred.cpp 2 months ago.

• Author

Morbo513
    Participant

After installing SEC 2.01 from here: https://fear-community.org/downloads/ I got “Invalid Game Assets” on attempting to join one server – which was running a custom map and presumably some other server-side addons that all downloaded fine through the game – and another, which just instantly gave me a generic “Disconnected” message.

Morbo513
    Participant

I tried re-downloading and reinstalling the game (same link), and now just get a black screen on startup. I can still see the game’s cursor, hear the menu music and the sound that plays when I mouse over menu items.

Mad
    Participant

Hello,

On which server this happens ?

and i also had this problem in the past with black screen but dont know how i fixed it
    because i had to reinstall windows anyway.
    At this time i only got the game started after instantly start fear after pc restart.

Morbo513
    Participant

I tried editing the OP with the servers, but it kept giving me a “Stop spammers” screen. Anyway, it was =FEAR-R-FEAR= and BH|C servers. The former would download the custom map, then I’d see the loading screen go all the way, then it’d give me Invalid Game Assets. The ladder would show the loading screen for a second, then kick me back to the server list saying something along the lines of “You were disconnected”. I tried a few other random ones and got the same thing – more Invalid Game Assets than just straight disconnected.

Mad
    Participant

hmmm you changed something in the “Default.archcfg” ?
    i only know if you change something there like delete the SEC2 entry
    this invalid game msg shows up.

thats how you cfg should look

FEAR.Arch00
    FEARA.Arch00
    FEARL.Arch00
    FEARE.Arch00
    FEAR_1.Arch00
    FEARA_1.Arch00
    FEARL_1.Arch00
    FEARE_1.Arch00
    FEAR_2.Arch00
    FEARA_2.Arch00
    FEARL_2.Arch00
    FEARE_2.Arch00
    FEAR_3.Arch00
    FEARA_3.Arch00
    FEARL_3.Arch00
    FEARE_3.Arch00
    FEAR_4.Arch00
    FEARA_4.Arch00
    FEARL_4.Arch00
    FEARE_4.Arch00
    FEAR_5.Arch00
    FEARA_5.Arch00
    FEARL_5.Arch00
    FEARE_5.Arch00
    FEAR_6.Arch00
    FEARA_6.Arch00
    FEARL_6.Arch00
    FEARE_6.Arch00
    FEAR_7.Arch00
    FEARA_7.Arch00
    FEARL_7.Arch00
    FEARE_7.Arch00
    FEAR_8.Arch00
    FEARA_8.Arch00
    FEARL_8.Arch00
    FEARE_8.Arch00
    SEC2

maybe try reinstall and also delete the folder FEARCombat in the user directory
    after it join a server without mods and look if this works

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Maybe a corrupted download.
    First remove the Downloaded content folder, then try joining again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.