fear coop warfare LAN

Home Forums FEAR Modding fear coop warfare LAN

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

matteoleggiax
    Participant

Hi, when i try to play coop warfare with fear combat in LAN (using hamachi) my friend can’t find my server, how can i fix this?

Anonymous

Have you tried to host fear coop warfare sec2 server http://cpp.mx/files/CoopWarfare.rar ?

matteoleggiax
    Participant

when i host in fear combat sec2, it works, but when i open coop warfare combined with sec2 (1.08 retail version), the server doesn’t appear.
    the fact is, if i host a server in SEC2, there isn’t any “cooperative” mode, just default ones, like TDM, CTF, Slowmo, etc. but no coop.

Anonymous

Add line with coop warfare archive after SEC2 in Default.achcfg.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

we got it working, thanks. now it would be perfect if you told us how to insert SP maps in our server.

Anonymous

Anonymous

SP maps are in Custom/AdditionalContent of that archive.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

yeah, but we can’t get it working, if i put SP maps in additional content, server crashes, can u give me a tutorial or some help to get them working?

Anonymous

Maybe you use not full fear combat server.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Or extract SP maps from your FEAR CD to AdditionalContent directory.

Anonymous

By the way, you can play right now on similar server tlr coop.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

that server is so laggy and glitchy, i don’t like it.
    i extracted the maps like you said and i put them in my additional contents, but like i said, once i put them there and i start a server, the server doesn’t even start. it just freezes and i’ve to force close it. any tutorial?

Anonymous

What glitches you saw on tlr coop?
    There are 27 SP maps from F.E.A.R. and 34 from F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate and atleast 23 other resource files so server requires alot of time to compress archives first time and even after that it starts several minutes.
    Maybe try with one SP map.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

alright, i’ll try and i’ll let you know.

Anonymous

What about glitches on tlr coop?

matteoleggiax
    Participant

too laggy, enemies scatter too fast and they move so glitchy, idk, my ping is 60, so it should be fine, but it doesn’t.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

don’t worry though, i finally managed to insert SP maps and make them work in my server.
    is there a way to DEFINITELY change stuff in “ServerOptions_SP”? everytime i change something, it goes back to default settings again.
    and about MPCostumizations taken from mod/database folder?
    i changed some stuff, but not all of them are effective.
    let me know if u can help me with it, but about SP maps and other stuff, i got all of them working, thanks a lot man, much appreciated. 🙂

Anonymous

That was only one known to me way to increase their speed (change their movement animations to MOV_Run and then OV_RunSpeed). By default they are slower than player with 1.0 speed. Now CAIs have 1.3-2.0 speed.
    Depends on what do you want to change in ServerOptions. If player run speed then change that in database first or change line GameModes/TeamSlowMoDeathmatch/RunSpeed.0.Range=1.200000,1.200000 in MPCostumizations (you can copy MPCostumizations.txt from Database directory to main server directory).
    You can change difficulty (only damage)
    Server/Difficulty/Very Hard/DamageAdjustment=1.600000.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

ok thanks. what about “ServerOptions_SP?” like i said, i can’t change server name, put a password, port or other stuff. even if i do, settings get back to default again.

Anonymous

Not sure. But i saw that you have changed server name to Pistax and port to 27888.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

yeah, it worked in the end, but how did u spot my server? i thought i put it “LAN” on settings.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

btw, do u have some compressed RAR of TLR COOP downloaded content? i’d like to insert them on my server. i don’t wanna go there and wait 2 hours again to download everything, if u can find me their content in here like in a rar archive, i’d appreciate it.

Anonymous

Anonymous

You can also convert CompressedArch directory of your server to DownloadedContent directory.
    Rename directory, rename all .arch00 files to .arch00.gz and decompress.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

Thank you! you’re awesome man! 😀

matteoleggiax
    Participant

listen man, one more thing, in SP directory, there is a database, on MOD folder, since i can’t see perseus mandate models, voices or stuff, i see there are morrison and other perseus mandate stuff in there, how do i add that MOD folder in my server to see perseus mandate stuff?

Anonymous

Add Custom\Mod in the end of Default.archcfg. But most cw-0.7 features will not work then. Other lines are required too, especially for EP, PM. You can see them in default.archcfg from 7z archive.

Anonymous

Expansions resources are in Custom\Misc\XP directory.

matteoleggiax
    Participant

alright, but i wanna point out that i use SEC2 to play coop maps and not cw 0.7, is it the same thing or am i doing wrong?

Anonymous

I think you are doing it right. SEC2 is mandatory, CW is optional.

You still can use CW for SP levels but expansions levels will be only partly playable because
    coop warfare database does not have required additional models and only database of 0.6 version is available as i know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.