F.E.A.R. combat v. 1.08 servers problem

Home Forums SEC2 Related F.E.A.R. combat v. 1.08 servers problem

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Forty_Two 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Bizy
    Participant

Question: is this game working only from registered servers in launcher menu?

How can i play like this, when i want to change the server, must go out from the game and choose another server???

What about fearmp.exe, there are no servers on the list???

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hi.

Since the FEAR Master Server Shut down, some functionality was lost. But now It’s restored.

To play online, you no longer need the FEAR Launcher, what you need is the latest Game Patch. This allows you to see the servers in the server list ingame, and other critical bugfixes.

There is a patch for the servers too ( SEC2 ) that allows automatic server indexing and other features.

Bizy
    Participant

Hello,

like I said on community wall everything works perfect now.

Thanks for info.

Very good!

flexo

i just installed it (latest version) and allowed fearmp and the updater through firewall. still no servers 🙁

will the non-community version still work?

just came back after not playing for a year…

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

The master server is not reporting servers/players due to a interruption in the service; but should be back online soon. ( You can see the server list on the side of this page, when the service is restored, we will add It back). the best we can do for now is wait .
    Don’t worry, the game is still moving and this is only a temporal issue.
    Regards.

Frazzle
    Participant

Alot of German players play on VIP so this is for them –

Der Master-Server sendet nicht servers / Spieler aufgrund einer Unterbrechung des Service, aber sollte wieder in Kürze online. (Sie können die Server-Liste auf der Seite dieser Seite sehen können, wenn der Dienst wieder hergestellt ist, werden wir wieder hinzufügen). das Beste, was wir jetzt tun können, ist warten.
    Mach dir keine Sorgen, wird das Spiel noch in Bewegung und dies ist nur ein zeitliches Problem.
    Grüße.

flexo

thx/danke!

🙂

sadly noone is playing…

flexo

works again.

but i get really weird framerate issue. seems like 30fps or something.

i installed the frame limiter that came with the installer. can i somehow disable it?

Phreeze
    Keymaster

Yes, just rename d3d9.dll in the game directory (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)).

However, the default limit is 100fps, so it might not be causing your issue.

You might try disabling all HID input devices in Windows Device Manager.

flexo

thx that helped.

i have frames limited in driver already… must have conflicted…

flexo

i don’t remember that stupid head-bob…

Frazzle
    Participant

Go to game and move head bob slider to far left ☺

Forty_Two
    Participant

Got pretty much a similar problem. According to the server list on the right there is no server online right now.
    looking at this though -> http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/192.227.141.191:27888/
    There are quite a few players and servers.

My question is now – why can’t I see any servers, when starting FEAR MP? Worked fine yesterday.. Odd.

Forty_Two
    Participant

No worries – all done!
    Sry, for double-post but I don’t know if there is an edit funtion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.