Combine with FEAR steam?

Home Forums Community Combine with FEAR steam?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phreeze 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

John Doe

I have the steam version of FEAR and was wondering if there is a simple way of switching files around to make it that I can launch your version of fear combat from my steam version via clicking multiplayer from the main menu, essentially replacing the outdated official multiplayer.

Jack

I can’t really think of any besides actually hooking the steam games function and opening the community game’s process which could be very hard if you’re not really good with a debugger.

dEsPeRaTiOn

It would be great if it was integrated into the main F.E.A.R. exe in steam.
    But sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen and if it could be done, it would need a patch from the right holders of the original game in Steam or only the person(s) who mod their exe file would be able to use that function.

You can add Combat to your steam games list.

I myself would like to see combat in the future submitted to Steam greenlight.
    I suggested it to Fred.
    I think that would increase the player base.

Phreeze
    Keymaster

AFAIK, the ‘FEAR Combat (SEC2) v2.0.1 – Update’ will work if you change the destination folder to your FEAR installation directory for Steam version.

I think you lose the ability to play single player, but you can always reinstall later.

A greenlight project for FEAR Combat is not going to be possible because, even though the game was originally distributed for free, we do not own the rights to the game. A “mod” might be technically possible (not sure if rights holders have to approve those as well), but since only FEAR (full version) is available on Steam, then users would still have to purchase the full game, and that really makes it a non-starter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.