CDKey – All Users?

Home Forums Community CDKey – All Users?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  =MXT=Fred.cpp 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

geckotdf

Hi guys,

I have a question – With a few friend want to play FEAR – They live in different citys they have their original FEAR Combat version – I create the “normal” FEAR server, but with the normal client you can’t search “Internet” servers, because like we know the oficial url its down.-
    So I decide to download the SEC2 server, I mount it without problem – But the question is:

All my friend will need to register a user in the website to get a fake key, to play?

Its not posible just connect via the client? like /connect IP or something like that, or a launcher to connect direct to the Server IP?

Thanks

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t call the new keys “fake” (We use that to define the software generated CDKeys that hackers try to use to join servers).
    About the question, yeah. They need to, unless you run the server as LanOnly. But this causes the server to be unreachable from the internet server list (You still can join with a direct access lnk).
    Other options are play with LANOnly mode and hamachi and similar software.

geckotdf

Understand now – Amazing Fred – And how you connect with a shortcut direct to the server? because like you say it’s posible to run it in “LanOnly” mode, we now will not be listed, but you still can Join from outside with some shortcut? something like:

.exe” -join IP:port

Thank

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  geckotdf.

geckotdf

Hi Fred,

Well continue working on – And create the server in LanOnly, and add manually the IP like favorite with the port in the client, but still need the CD-Key validation.-

Phreeze
    Keymaster

In ServerOptions.txt, just add the following option under ‘[SEC2]’ section:

[SEC2]
    DisableCDKeyCheck=1

This way you don’t need to pick LAN-Only option, and you can still use our master server over Internet.

geckotdf

Hi Phreeze

Perfect! – I can create the server with OnlyLAN=0 – I put the DisableCDKeyCheck=1 and my friend can put a generic key in the “key.ini” or nothing in the file and works good.-
    The server it’s listed too – Thank you very much.-

Defeat

Hi,

I am trying something similar but it’s for a LAN party. I’m doing some testing with two computers on the same LAN but it keeps doing the key check and kicking me out. Any ideas or should I create a new thread?

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

As Phreeze said:
    In ServerOptions.txt, just add the following option under ‘[SEC2]’ section:

[SEC2]
    DisableCDKeyCheck=1

If there’s no SEC2 Section, just add that to the end of the file.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2012–2018