We are looking for honest FEAR players to help with the TDM tournament. We are actively recruiting referees to moderate the TDM matches. We are looking for candidates to become official referees from all around the world to represent the FEAR community. If you are interested comment here and we will contact you. Qualifications
1.Be familiar with SCMD and CMD_ commands
2.Be fair and honest
3.Know the rules and be willing to enforce the rules
4.Be-able to take screen shots and video clips of the matches
We have had to wait a lot to get a new tournament, but here Is It.
We are opening a pre-register forum post to know how many teams will get In, we need minimum 8 teams to make It work, but I expect to get more, maybe 16. Each clan can get as much teams as they want, the only limitation is they need to have registered users in fear-community.org; the rules and dates will be discussed in the forums.
So please register your team in this post!
UPDATE: WE COMPLETED 20 TEAMS! We will post more info as soon as It’s available; you can follow the current discussions in the forums.
HOST A TOURNAMENT SERVER: Download the official config files:
The FEAR Launcher 1.4
Here is the latest update for the FEAR Launcher. If you had problems in the past, download this update that will (I hope) Fix most of the known issues.
- Run and play! You no longer need to manually copy It to the Game Directory, automatically will try to locate the FEARMP.exe file and copy to the proper location. Supports scenarios where you have several versions installed, FEAR, Steam FEAR, FEAR Combat, Portable versions, and will allow you to select the one you want to use.
- Now can run without the Multi-language support (Languages Directory). If you don’t copy the Languages Folder, It will disable all multi-language options.
- Auto creates a short-cut on desktop for easy access.
- Restored all Server list functionality, including online players, map and password protection.
- Server List now shows the progress of the servers scanned.
- Fixed Incompatibility with the upcoming FEAR Update.
- If you already have a Short-cut, It won’t be replaced. You can use a launcher for FEAR and other for FEAR Combat, but If you created one, It won’t create another.
- It will overwrite existing copies of the Launcher when automatically moving to the Game Directory.
- When you paste your SEC2 Key, verify you didn’t add extra white spaces in the end of It (The Launcher colour will turn red, remove the extra spaces and It should go back to green/blue).
- When using a SEC2 Key, It will only list SEC2 Servers.
- The Servers info is real-time, but the list Itself isn’t. If you don’t see your server listed, contact us (Sorry for doing this again, we keep the list updated manually until the next SEC2 update that will automatically list servers).
Comment here or use the contact section.
Fixed small bug with missing Languages directory, some empty strings in the GUI.
I just mailed SEC2 Beta 7.1 to all serveradmins that have requested It in the past. If you didn’t get It, please use the contact form so I can mail It to you.
This is a critical update, since It’s free of all GameSpy Services. As you maybe already know, GameSpy killed all their FEAR services, blocking us from running servers and from authenticate CDKeys (Old CDKeys and starting today, SEC2 keys too).
So we had to make a choice: to stay with the GameSpy auth process as Is, without know when It will stop working 100%, or move a step forward and remove all GameSpy features, INCLUDING THE OLD CDKEYS.
Of course this was a hard decision and we know some won’t be happy with It, but currently most of the remaining FEAR Players with old CDKeys are not so noob players that know FEAR-Community, and even have an account here, If not, the server will kick em with a message about getting a new CDKey at fear-community.org So It shouldn’t be a problem.
We are open to your comments and suggestions, help us to move to a game 100% community driven, this is the last step, without Sierra, Activision, WBGames and GameSpy.
Today wednesday 19th December 2012 we will have a SEC2 outage, SEC2 keys won’t work for a couple hours.
This is due to a programmed maintenance that is needed because of the New FEAR Master Server Update. Everything should be back to normal during the morning.
Server Admins: We will push out a new SEC2 build in the newxt hours, as we can confirm all GameSpy support for FEAR Combat is over. The update should fix this.