How to add custom content to your server.
Custom content can be Mods (custom sounds, skins, models) or Custom maps.
If your Mod is a install only mod, like Coop Warfare, Bastard Mod or INFEAR, players trying to join your server must install the mod, and then launch the game with the mod, and only can join Servers with the same mod.
Downloadable content mods, allow players to run the game as usual and join your server and all other stock servers.
Downloadable content is added to your server this way:
1) Add the custom Mod file (This is an Arch00 file) to the server directory (where FEARServer.exe is). In Windows It’s usually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)
If you don’t used a new installer, It may have not included the (SEC2) text, and If you are running a x86 OS, It won’t include the (x86) text, but should be something similar.
2) Edit default.archcfg (Is a text file) and add the name of the mod; this usually is the name of the Arch00 file, but can be different. If you are not sure, you can open the Arch00 file and check the name of the ini file In It. Use that as name, but remove the “.ini” part.
3) Make sure your server allows downloads, settings similar to these:
This will allow players to download your mod content.
Add custom maps to your server
This process is similar than the previously described:
1) Copy your map files to the Additional Content folder. This is in your Custom content folder. If It doesn’t exist, you need to create It in the shared documents game folder.
This can be a bit tricky mainly in windows XP, but for windows 7 is:
Please note that this can be FEAR not FEARCombat If you are using the dedicated server package.
In Linux, you use the stock Custom/additionalContent folder.
2) Edit your ServerOptions File to include the map name in the list. This file is located In:
If It doesn’t exist, yo need to create It. If there are multiple .txt files, you may need to select wich one to use when you start the server.
The file has a list of maps, and has a structure similar to this one:
3) Allow Content downloads. Make sure your server allows downloads, settings similar to these:
This will allow players to get your files.
If you want higher download speed for your custom content, you need a redirected download, as shown in this video: