Playing COOP Warfare with FEAR Launcher

Home Forums FEAR Modding Playing COOP Warfare with FEAR Launcher

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lee 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Dankos’
    Participant

I love playing in coop maps (like signle player in 2 :D). Best of we will convince Arramus, Sadobash etc. They have done a lot of a great coop maps…but for a long time i dont see their 🙁

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Yeah… when I started playing FEAR they were already gone… not to mention when I started creating maps :/
    There’s a way to contact em? wold they still care about It?
    If not, well we can work on It, I am really excited on making interesting coop maps ^_^
    What I want Is to create some that mimic the “Zombie mods” that are available for other games, like CoD4, or Zombie gamemodes like Black Ops. Even gamemodes like Contractions and Fucking Run from FEAR 3, they were exciting and challenging, but looks like the game was a big FAIL; there’s x10 people playing FEAR 1 than FEAR 2 AND 3 together…

Dankos’
    Participant

Zombie mod sounds like fun but it will be very hard to do. I think need to change in GDB bots, not to mention the characters…butmaybe, maybe who knows 😀

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Well, you’d laught at “Zombies” in CoD4 Mods 😛 They are just some random models moving around, not that smart, not that nice, and definatly not that zombie like. So we can do It better, or like in F3AR Contractions: mix of soldiers and supernatural enemies (Im working on that! I could use some help with 1 type of CAI (xfire maybe?) )

Freaksoul

Hi,
    i tried to play coop Warfare with a friend per Hamachi, but it doesnt work anymore.
    i set the port/s(27888) to play, but he cant find me anyway, if he search for lan-servers or Internet.

Do you know something ?, cause the official site of Coop Warfare is down =/

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

you need to set the LanOnly option to 1
    LanOnly=1
    So It works. not sure If that will make It, but It has the higher chances.
    Also, joining a SEC2 server with coop maps works ( there are 1-2 over there, include “bot” in the name ).

fbnaia

I was able to get Coop-Warfare running by editing “Default.archcfg” that resides in the game installation folder (Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)). I used notepad++, i added “Coop-Warfare_0.7.Arch00” to the end of the file, right after SEC2. And used FEARMP.exe to start the game. It loads Coop-warfare content, but only runs when selecting Lan only game.

When using “Coop-Warfare_0.7.bat” and selecting Lan only game, it gets the cd verification error, even when modifying “Coop-Warfare_0.7.archcfg”

But using FEARMP.exe, after modifying “Default.archcfg”, lets me start coop-warfare with Lan hosting only.

Maybe with tunngle you can get around the lan limitation and host online.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

I think It’s possible, but I haven’t had a chance to test. I am downloading Coop Warfare to make some test; I’ll tell you once I find out.
    btw, what are the features you’d like to keep from coop warfare? because, we already have maps with enemies to be played as coop; theres even a server with that, and Dankos and me have plans for more coop-like maps ( he just finished a new one ^_^ )

Hey!!
    changing Default.Archfg can run The Coop Maps thanks for the help.

fritznet
    Participant

I don’t know but the source of coop warfare 0.6 is available to download, may be with few modifications could be adapted to SEC2

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

hmm not exactly the code, but the files needed to develop more content for coop warfare. Anyway, the maps are usable with SEC2; they will have some limitations, but I think they are not bad at all.

lee

where will i find the new launcher…. coop keep saying cd key invalid or just disappears… Combat works just fine

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hi. The launcher is no longer maintained so is not available for download anymore.
    As we discussed, is easier to join servers with coop maps. There are some available in the server list.

lee

Here is my problem , I am trying to play with a friend as well. I can only play coop warfare in lan and it has to be set for lan only for me to get it to work…without saying cd key invalid. Everything works fine in combat though. I can make a server to play game in lan only… Second will my sever show up on stream where he’s playing. If not how can i make it where he can see my server to join.. Next i was playing coop warfare by myself how do u get the cheats to work… Cause in coop warfare by yourself is hard lol…Ps punkbuster or whatever its called is turned off…firehawk91@hotmail.com

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2017