Playing COOP Warfare with FEAR Launcher

Home Forums FEAR Modding Playing COOP Warfare with FEAR Launcher

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lee 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

HanzoHasashi
    Participant

Greetings to the dear FEAR community! I recently downloaded the FEAR launcher and after months of not playing FEAR I finally decided to try it out again, and it works!

However, I tried to play COOP Warfare 0.7 regularly, without the FEAR launcher. As with the standard game, the servers don’t display when you try to seach them, so I did an attempt to host one of my own. It did not work – I tried using the CD key I was given here on this site (which works when playing multiplayer 1.08) but on COOP warfare upon entering that key it notifies me that the CD key is invalid. So, I tried using the CD key for my original FEAR game that I own instead – the key got entered, however, when I try to finally launch the server, it always tells me that the “CD-key vertification failed”.

So, the question is, is there any possible way to play COOP mod with the help of the FEAR launcher? Thanks in advance!

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Actually yes.  But It would be easier to wait for the next update that will remove the need for a Launcher.

Meanwhile, you need to add SEC2 AND CW to the server and then join by IP ( maybe adding It to favs? or creating a shortcut. IF you don’t have SEC2 you can request It with the contact form.

polkaman

I also have a similar problem, I can’t enter the cd key into COOP warfare 0.7. I’ve tried to enter it in client settings but it just disappears after I’ve entered it.

I’ve also tried copying the key.ini file but that doesn’t change anything. Does anyone have a solution for this?

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

we haven’t tested the latest update with the coop warfare mod; I guess we should.

do you have a download link so I can check It?

Meanwhile, there are SEC2 servers using coop maps.

Phreeze
    Keymaster

Does anyone know Botz3000 or have his contact info?

Perhaps he would share the source and allow us to integrate co-op mode into SEC2.

polkaman

I downloaded it from here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fear-coop/downloads/coop-warfare-v-07

You have to login to be able to download it.

I didn’t know that there were that. Thanks!

Frazzle
    Participant

Here is a link to add Coop maps to a server-

http://wolfdill.net/VIP/maps/COOP_MAPS.Arch00

Frazzle
    Participant

The link above is a compressed file to add to your redirect.

I will send the uncompressed to add to your default file shortly.

Frazzle
    Participant

Here is the uncompressed file to add to your main Fear folder, then into default.

By adding Coop Maps.Arch00 in default will add the maps to your server.

Your server will now run Coop maps.

If You do not have a redirect and want one, let me know.

I am happy to share.

Frazzle
    Participant

OOPS, Sorry forgot to add the link, here it is –

http://wolfdill.net/VIP/maps/Coop%20Maps

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Using the FEAR Launcher, we can start the game with another mod, this is what I did to support 1.07 Servers back before the 12/12/05 event.

After this, with no 1.07 servers, I haven’t worked on this feature, but It exists.

We could work on It, but maybe is a better idea to use coop maps in SEC2 servers, as there are already some; since the other changes in the game ( weapons, skins, models), are not critical imo.

Also coop warfare maps work fine with SEC2 afaik, so we can have most of CW included in custom SEC2 Servers, without need and isntall CW.

HanzoHasashi
    Participant

Yes, there is a server which utilizes CW maps for quite some time now – ULTRAVIOLET (bots). It’s fairly decent, despite lacking some of the exclusie CW weapons and thus, some bots are running around without guns :3

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

yay Ninj4 Soldiers!

Yoann
    Participant

Any1 can answer me what’s the situation witch COOP Warfare in the current patch version? I really played FEAR mostly because of this mod..

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hey. Well, to be honest I’m not sure, but there’s a working coop server, somewhere ( has “bots” as part of the name ), and is SEC2 compilant, so you don’t need coop warfare mod.
    Also, I’m working in coop maps too, maybe I will be slow since I just started, but I hope I can make It interesting and fast enough. I will talk to a friend about hosting a coop map, and I’m very excited about It, but we need cool coop maps, so as soon as I get something done, I’ll be sure to publish It ^_^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2017