Playing COOP Warfare with FEAR Launcher

Home Forums FEAR Modding Playing COOP Warfare with FEAR Launcher

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lee 4 months ago.

• Author

HanzoHasashi
    Participant

Greetings to the dear FEAR community! I recently downloaded the FEAR launcher and after months of not playing FEAR I finally decided to try it out again, and it works!

However, I tried to play COOP Warfare 0.7 regularly, without the FEAR launcher. As with the standard game, the servers don’t display when you try to seach them, so I did an attempt to host one of my own. It did not work – I tried using the CD key I was given here on this site (which works when playing multiplayer 1.08) but on COOP warfare upon entering that key it notifies me that the CD key is invalid. So, I tried using the CD key for my original FEAR game that I own instead – the key got entered, however, when I try to finally launch the server, it always tells me that the “CD-key vertification failed”.

So, the question is, is there any possible way to play COOP mod with the help of the FEAR launcher? Thanks in advance!

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Actually yes.  But It would be easier to wait for the next update that will remove the need for a Launcher.

Meanwhile, you need to add SEC2 AND CW to the server and then join by IP ( maybe adding It to favs? or creating a shortcut. IF you don’t have SEC2 you can request It with the contact form.

polkaman

I also have a similar problem, I can’t enter the cd key into COOP warfare 0.7. I’ve tried to enter it in client settings but it just disappears after I’ve entered it.

I’ve also tried copying the key.ini file but that doesn’t change anything. Does anyone have a solution for this?

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

we haven’t tested the latest update with the coop warfare mod; I guess we should.

do you have a download link so I can check It?

Meanwhile, there are SEC2 servers using coop maps.

Phreeze
    Keymaster

Does anyone know Botz3000 or have his contact info?

Perhaps he would share the source and allow us to integrate co-op mode into SEC2.

polkaman

I downloaded it from here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fear-coop/downloads/coop-warfare-v-07

You have to login to be able to download it.

I didn’t know that there were that. Thanks!

Frazzle
    Participant

Here is a link to add Coop maps to a server-

http://wolfdill.net/VIP/maps/COOP_MAPS.Arch00

Frazzle
    Participant

The link above is a compressed file to add to your redirect.

I will send the uncompressed to add to your default file shortly.

Frazzle
    Participant

Here is the uncompressed file to add to your main Fear folder, then into default.

By adding Coop Maps.Arch00 in default will add the maps to your server.

Your server will now run Coop maps.

If You do not have a redirect and want one, let me know.

I am happy to share.

Frazzle
    Participant

OOPS, Sorry forgot to add the link, here it is –

http://wolfdill.net/VIP/maps/Coop%20Maps

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Using the FEAR Launcher, we can start the game with another mod, this is what I did to support 1.07 Servers back before the 12/12/05 event.

After this, with no 1.07 servers, I haven’t worked on this feature, but It exists.

We could work on It, but maybe is a better idea to use coop maps in SEC2 servers, as there are already some; since the other changes in the game ( weapons, skins, models), are not critical imo.

Also coop warfare maps work fine with SEC2 afaik, so we can have most of CW included in custom SEC2 Servers, without need and isntall CW.

HanzoHasashi
    Participant

Yes, there is a server which utilizes CW maps for quite some time now – ULTRAVIOLET (bots). It’s fairly decent, despite lacking some of the exclusie CW weapons and thus, some bots are running around without guns :3

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

yay Ninj4 Soldiers!

Yoann
    Participant

Any1 can answer me what’s the situation witch COOP Warfare in the current patch version? I really played FEAR mostly because of this mod..

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hey. Well, to be honest I’m not sure, but there’s a working coop server, somewhere ( has “bots” as part of the name ), and is SEC2 compilant, so you don’t need coop warfare mod.
    Also, I’m working in coop maps too, maybe I will be slow since I just started, but I hope I can make It interesting and fast enough. I will talk to a friend about hosting a coop map, and I’m very excited about It, but we need cool coop maps, so as soon as I get something done, I’ll be sure to publish It ^_^

Dankos’
    Participant

I love playing in coop maps (like signle player in 2 :D). Best of we will convince Arramus, Sadobash etc. They have done a lot of a great coop maps…but for a long time i dont see their 🙁

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Yeah… when I started playing FEAR they were already gone… not to mention when I started creating maps :/
    There’s a way to contact em? wold they still care about It?
    If not, well we can work on It, I am really excited on making interesting coop maps ^_^
    What I want Is to create some that mimic the “Zombie mods” that are available for other games, like CoD4, or Zombie gamemodes like Black Ops. Even gamemodes like Contractions and Fucking Run from FEAR 3, they were exciting and challenging, but looks like the game was a big FAIL; there’s x10 people playing FEAR 1 than FEAR 2 AND 3 together…

Dankos’
    Participant

Zombie mod sounds like fun but it will be very hard to do. I think need to change in GDB bots, not to mention the characters…butmaybe, maybe who knows 😀

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Well, you’d laught at “Zombies” in CoD4 Mods 😛 They are just some random models moving around, not that smart, not that nice, and definatly not that zombie like. So we can do It better, or like in F3AR Contractions: mix of soldiers and supernatural enemies (Im working on that! I could use some help with 1 type of CAI (xfire maybe?) )

Freaksoul

Hi,
    i tried to play coop Warfare with a friend per Hamachi, but it doesnt work anymore.
    i set the port/s(27888) to play, but he cant find me anyway, if he search for lan-servers or Internet.

Do you know something ?, cause the official site of Coop Warfare is down =/

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

you need to set the LanOnly option to 1
    LanOnly=1
    So It works. not sure If that will make It, but It has the higher chances.
    Also, joining a SEC2 server with coop maps works ( there are 1-2 over there, include “bot” in the name ).

fbnaia

I was able to get Coop-Warfare running by editing “Default.archcfg” that resides in the game installation folder (Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)). I used notepad++, i added “Coop-Warfare_0.7.Arch00” to the end of the file, right after SEC2. And used FEARMP.exe to start the game. It loads Coop-warfare content, but only runs when selecting Lan only game.

When using “Coop-Warfare_0.7.bat” and selecting Lan only game, it gets the cd verification error, even when modifying “Coop-Warfare_0.7.archcfg”

But using FEARMP.exe, after modifying “Default.archcfg”, lets me start coop-warfare with Lan hosting only.

Maybe with tunngle you can get around the lan limitation and host online.

Hey!!
      changing Default.Archfg can run The Coop Maps thanks for the help.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

I think It’s possible, but I haven’t had a chance to test. I am downloading Coop Warfare to make some test; I’ll tell you once I find out.
    btw, what are the features you’d like to keep from coop warfare? because, we already have maps with enemies to be played as coop; theres even a server with that, and Dankos and me have plans for more coop-like maps ( he just finished a new one ^_^ )

fritznet
    Participant

I don’t know but the source of coop warfare 0.6 is available to download, may be with few modifications could be adapted to SEC2

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

hmm not exactly the code, but the files needed to develop more content for coop warfare. Anyway, the maps are usable with SEC2; they will have some limitations, but I think they are not bad at all.

lee

where will i find the new launcher…. coop keep saying cd key invalid or just disappears… Combat works just fine

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hi. The launcher is no longer maintained so is not available for download anymore.
    As we discussed, is easier to join servers with coop maps. There are some available in the server list.

lee

Here is my problem , I am trying to play with a friend as well. I can only play coop warfare in lan and it has to be set for lan only for me to get it to work…without saying cd key invalid. Everything works fine in combat though. I can make a server to play game in lan only… Second will my sever show up on stream where he’s playing. If not how can i make it where he can see my server to join.. Next i was playing coop warfare by myself how do u get the cheats to work… Cause in coop warfare by yourself is hard lol…Ps punkbuster or whatever its called is turned off…firehawk91@hotmail.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2012–2018