Map Design Ideas

Home Forums FEAR Modding Map Design Ideas

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Dankos’ 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Got an awesome idea about a FEAR Map, but you don’t know how to build It?
    We can help out!
    Here you can submit your map designs or ideas. You can either draw an idea and upload it or you can discuss your design on the forum.

Rebel
    Keymaster

I was wondering if was worth holding a map design competition, is there enough interest for this to be worthwhile?

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Good question. I hope there is! but idk, maybe we need to make more adversiting?
    We have also a pending task: to adversite the community Itself in the FEAR Players community, and the FEAR 3 community in xfire.
    I’d love to do that, but I don’t feel my english is good enough, so some help would be great ^_^ ( my inbox has lots of space for suggestions 😛 )

Rebel
    Keymaster

O.K. I’ll take care of that then.

=MXT=Sandman

eiffel tower and/or Osamas Compound

=MXT=Sandman

How about the eiffel tower and Osamas Compound?

mk’ers
    Participant

The Eiffel tower sounds a challenge. I always wanted to do an Alcatraz map, wasn’t sure which bit though as it’d be pretty big.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

that makes me remember a MW3 map with the Eiffel tower, the tower can be seen on the distance, only as part of the landscape. That map is kinda cool, but huge in detail. not sure about how could we make It happen.
    About Alcatraz, I am working in a jail-like map, but been lost in details for months :S

=MXT=Sandman

What about the Compound Fred?

eXtreme_Camper
    Participant

is there an environment one could use to create maps? Something with the FEAR engine built in where users could build a map by inserting static meshes and textures, as well as pickups, spawn points, and things of that nature.

=MXT=Sandman

This is what you use to make the F.E.A.R. maps http://www.xfire.com/downloads/2265/ also =MXT=fred has youtube videos walking you through how to make them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbT-sofsEg&feature=context-chv

eXtreme_Camper
    Participant

O.O
    big file is big
    Osama’s compound is pretty blocky so it shouldn’t be too difficult to make with those tools

=MXT=Sandman

@ eXtreme Ive already started the man and have the basic layout done. Looks to be a cool map when finished

rndmdood

can i get an updated link to the map builder/editor? can’t seem to find any good links to what i assume is “worldedit…”

thanks
    ken

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

WorldEdit is included in FEAR SDK (a.k.a. FEAR Public Tools).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2015