HOW point to custom maps in 'ServerOptions.txt' file

Home Forums SEC2 Related HOW point to custom maps in 'ServerOptions.txt' file

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of =MXT=Fred.cpp =MXT=Fred.cpp 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

I went to this post to see how to add custom maps “http://fear-community.org/help/host-a-

server/customcontent/” BUT I can’t find what the syntax is to add the map names to the

‘ServerOptions.txt’ file. The maps already available have the syntax:

Mission0=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\MXTIndustrialCorridor
    Mission1=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\MXTReactor4
    Mission2=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\depot
    ETC ETC ETC…

BUT I don’t see any directories of that name SO what should I put in the “Mission3=” line

(which would be next) if my custom map files are in “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Monolith

Productions\FEARCombat\Custom\AdditionalContent”? I have no idea what syntax to use as none

of my maps show in the multiplayer list no matter what I put in that line (i.e. HOW do I

point to my custom maps in that line?)

Profile photo of =MXT=Fred.cpp
    =MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Refer to this image for the folder structure: http://postimg.org/image/p6k3iay9l/
    I think you are doing It right. You need to configure the names as you already did in The ServerOptions.txt file; but you can also do It in the Host option of your server, in the maps section.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Well, the names you see there (i.e. Mission2=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\depot) are what the default settings are. I need to add a pointer to MY maps to that file, but do NOT know what the syntax of the line should be … if I use something like ‘Mission4=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\{my file name}’ it does NOT show up in the multiplayer server list (MY files are in the “C:\Users\Public\Documents\MonolithProductions\FEARCombat\Custom\AdditionalContent” directory). I tried the syntax ‘Mission4=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEARCombat\Custom\AdditionalContent\{my file name}’ but it still doesn’t show up. I need to know HOW to ‘point’ to the “C:\Users\Public\Documents\MonolithProductions\FEARCombat\Custom\AdditionalContent” directory where my files are so that they DO appear in the multiplayer server list. Basically WHAT do I put after ‘Mission4=’? Nothing I’ve tried works :-/

Profile photo of Dankos'
    Dankos’
    Participant

This is banal but have you removed Your maps from Download content after putting it to Additional? If not, just do it. You shouldn’t have to edit even a .txt file, maps would be in the server list (Only in Slow DM – these maps don’t show up in different mode, or You change the .ini file)

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Each mas has an specific name; I’ve found myself trying to figure out the proper map name, that not always is the Filename, btw.
    The easy way to find out is … don’t adding any Mission 😛
    This way, the server will just add all available maps that match the compatible Gamemodes.
    You will see your log file (or log window/tab) display the right map names this way:

F.E.A.R. Dedicated Linux Server – Version FEAR v1.08
    Copyright (c) 2005 Monolith Productions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Initializing…

F.E.A.R. ServerShield (SEC2) v2.0.1 (Mar 1 2014 – 11:00:56)

Map Rotation:
    MXTJPNCTFRetro
    Brickhouse
    CloningFacility
    CampusCTFCA
    MXTIndustrialCorridor
    MXTToxic
    MXTBurlyBrawl
    Floor66
    Labs
    MXTCooler
    MXTCydonia
    MXTUndergroundBase
    MXTGenerators
    SpillKill
    MXTHighSchoolNight
    MXTIndustrialArea
    Facility
    Processor
    MXTTheTwoTechTowers
    CloningFacility
    Piotski_Poolday
    MXTKillHouse
    MXTShipping
    Streets
    MXTTeotihuacan
    MXTArena
    Depot
    MXTGhettoConflict
    MXTUnknown
    Loading world: Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\MXTJPNCTFRetro
    World loaded.
    Ready.

If no other maps are listed, then you are doing something wrong with the files location.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Ok I see now that some only appear if I choose the game type ‘Slow DM’ .. others are under ‘TDM’ etc, etc, so it depends on the type of map .. odd since these were all supposed to be from the single game maps (I was hoping I could use them under ‘Cooperative’). ALSO I had to put the map files in my “E:\FEAR\CoopWarfare_User\Custom\AdditionalContent” directory where ‘CoopWarfare’ is installed and NOT in “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEARCombat\Custom\AdditionalContent” as was suggested in all the posts I’ve read.

Thanks for all the help folks!

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

BTW, the syntax it creates in the ‘ServerOptions.txt’ file IS the same as the others (i.e. Mission0=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\{MyMapFileName}). It’s as I said though, *I* had to put the map files in my “E:\FEAR\CoopWarfare_User\Custom\AdditionalContent” directory where ‘CoopWarfare’ is installed.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Sorry, I missed the info about It being a CW Server. Yeah, you had to adjust the used paths as you did.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Yeah, I added all 71 single player maps that I got off the ‘Fear Walkthrough’ multiplayer server on the internet (it’s not always up, but often enough). So now I can pick and choose which game type I want to see which maps pop up in the list (some come up under more than one type). If I knew the order of the single player maps, I could try to set it up so it progresses like the SP game does, but I haven’t found any info on the net that has the progression. Could probably figure it out eventually, but would be painstaking work :-p

In any event, at least I can play the maps with a friend as single entities. AI enemies still show up.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

that’s a great Idea! ^_^ Nice you got It working.

Profile photo of Sr_Gris
    Sr_Gris

Hello, I’m having a lot of trouble with this. Turns out that I’m trying the same thing as you. I want to host a map from Perseus to play with a friend on lan. I have this level downloaded from Fear Walkthrough server.

I’m hosting the server from:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)\Coop-Warfare_0.7_Server.bat

I have the map right here:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)\CoopWarfare_User\Custom\AdditionalContent

And I’m pointing the map here:
    Mission29=Worlds\ReleaseMultiplayer\FEAR_XP_XP2_SP_p18

When I host the game the map isn’t there in the maplist and when I try to host through the game, can’t see the map in the map list. Whatever gamemode I chose.

What I’m doing wrong?
    The main thing about this is to host a test game because I’m starting to make cooperative/single maps and I want to first test with a premade “custom map”

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Does the server run without the maps? I mean, you are running the Server without issues?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2015