August 27, 2012 at 1:17 am #1690
Hello guys.After some silent observations ive come to the conclusion that certain points are not really discussed or fixed enough in the tournament.One of those points would be: fixed rules for refs.I thought to start off and share my ideas with you.All the points listed here are discussed with Fred who is tournament administrator now.I have also picked some points from exhails previous post and integrated them here.I personally think it is crucial to have good rules and guidelines to maintain a chaos free tournament with as little problems as possible.So lets start and if you got something to add to it just post it! cheers
General rules for referees.
1.For each game there has to be ONE ref overseeing the game, unless the parties have a ongoing conflict or misstrust each other.In this case there have to be TWO refs present which are NEUTRAL to the teams involved.A ref cannot be present in any of the teams playing: teamspeak,mumble or any other voice chat.Not more than TWO refs are allowed in a problematic match.As an exception we could add that if both teams agree there are TWO refs controlling the match also under normal circumstances.(If available and not stopping the match from happening).
2.A ref has to be chosen by the teams and / or has to be a person which is known to be confident with the game and neutral enough to assure unbiased gameplay.(Maybe we could create a kind of ref pool where known good, neutral refs can volunteer?).
3. Once the ref is chosen, both teams agree with the outcome of the game as they agreed with the person overseeing the match, therefore complaints or rematches wont be accepted.Except both parties agree otherwise (Or in rare cases video evidence would prove otherwise).No more than 1 rematch is possible.(Otherwise we go more into a revision forced kind of result and the team losing never will get over it).
4.A ref has to know the basic server commands.In case a player loses connection or another problem occurs. He at least needs to be able to pause the game or take any other action necessary.This requires that the ref is logged in as admin.a complete and detailed list of commands can be found here : http://raw-recruits.com/full-scmd-commands this is for the ones that arent familiar with the commands and have too much free time and want to volunteer =)
Note: All matches will be played in SEC2 servers for now.So focus on the list for SEC2 commands.If still unsure what to do ask a tournament admin.
5.If a ref guides a match solo then he must make sure that his rig meets the minimum requirements to record the whole match at a quality of 720p(HD) fluid.A ref not being able to do so cant guide the match and will be replaced.If the match is controlled by two refs in case of a conflict, at least ONE of the two must have capable gear to ensure the quality of the video.*
What are a referee’s duties?
1. Referees are responsible for starting the match via SCMD. Referees must have consent from a team captain on both teams to begin the match.
2. Referees must record the match.The preferred resolution is 720p (HD), but above all they must record under as smooth a setting as possible to ensure that a fluid video is made available for the community to watch after the match, and for tournament admins to watch in the event of a dispute.*
3. Referees must take a screenshot of the final score of all maps and post them in the thread for the match where servers, match times, and referees were chosen.
4. Referees must submit videos to Tournament admins or upload videos to youtube at admin request.
5. Referees must not be on the same team during the tournament match. That is to say, 1 referee spectates from team 1, and 1 referee spectates from team 2.
So thats it from my side.Now if you got stuff to add go ahead =)
August 27, 2012 at 12:13 pm #1693
- This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Uberhound.
I think the match rules need to be addressed before stupidly strict rules for referees are implemented, therefore recording shouldn’t have to be done.August 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm #1695
Exactly.The ideas here are just a startoff to collect some more suggestions so that we dont forget about it =)August 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm #1698
I love you guys getting involved in this; as you already pointed, Admins making rules is pointless If the rules are not good enoug ( or someone with lame English, like me skills type It and make It confusing).
Also, please note we are in the way for a new Tournament, more probably a 30n3 Control or TDM We need the rules ready by then!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.