Future development & Mod Integration

Home Forums FEAR Modding Future development & Mod Integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of =MXT=Fred.cpp =MXT=Fred.cpp 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of =MXT=Fred.cpp
    =MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

We have had some conversations about integrating mods and other versions of the game within the same client.
    The obvious issues are:
    – Multiple master servers ( ? )
    – Compatibility with the same client.

We are open to suggestions and requests on this area.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Currently, my (and @eauphreeeze ‘s ) position is: multiple master servers are a bad Idea, for obvious reasons, the most important:
    – Fragmentation of the already small players population.

Second obvious restriction is:
    – Invalid Game Assets when loading servers with a different mod/version.

Profile photo of Phreeze
    Phreeze
    Keymaster

I think multiple master servers would not be required as long as the mod were to have a modified client that supports the existing master server.

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Yeah, multiple master servers would be more a problem than a solution.
    In the other hand, during the first stages of the Launcher development I planned to support multiple Mods; this could still work, as long as the mods were somewhat compatible with SEC2; and only would need to load extra Arch00 files.

This is what we can currently support within the launcher.
    I made this post because I had the impression [KGB]Andre wanted to get a more open discussion about these topics, but I’m not sure now, since he continues with his development.

I suggested him to make this modification a Mod, like Coop Warfare was, but he refuses to stop the use of an alternate master server, and a modified client; preventing some compatibility, and forcing players to choose the current mainstream version provided by FEAR-Community (Stock 1.08 and SEC2, that are 100% compatible clients), or his modified version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2015