Fear Co-op Warfare (0.7) Hosting

Home Forums FEAR Modding Fear Co-op Warfare (0.7) Hosting

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Mike 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DeathVice
    DeathVice

Hello all, I had joined the community yesterday after trying to get Co-op Warfare (0.7) running with the Retail version of Fear (1.08). As far as I know, LAN works fine for the SP campaign when modifying my default.archcfg for retail version of fear and running a LAN only dedicated server, but, I can’t seem to get online working with the SP campaign because I either get the “Invalid CD key” error when trying to either host in-game or host through a dedicated or I get the “Unable to use selected network device” error. I’ve already placed the key.ini with my key in the FEAR/CoopWarfare_user directory. Any ideas or suggestions?

I just want to play SP campaign and Co-op maps with a friend via Retail FEAR (1.08) using Co-op Warfare (0.7).

Profile photo of HaaH
    HaaH

I would be really nice if someone figured out a work around for this. I’ve been wanting to do it for a long time; ever since GameSpy shut down the servers (as with the rest of GameSpy’s servers; this “Farewell” article explains further: http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227460p1.html) and the people on this site created SEC2, which is unfortunately incompatible with the singleplayer levels of the game (it runs as FEAR Combat so the archived files are fundamentally different from the retail version.) Is it at all possible to make a modification of the retail version of the game so that the online multiplayer aspect can continue for mods like Coop Warfare?

Count me interested in this as well. Perhaps it will get somewhere if any wise and courageous person(s) would be willing to put their hardwork into creating something like what I’ve mentioned above, and enough people are vested in it.

Profile photo of benox50
    benox50

To make it work on FEAR Combat without SEC2 is pretty easy if you know the info, you dont need programing. You have to rip-out the world00p file from the retail version and put it into a FEAR archive, like an MP map it needs a .INI file.

Now you need to play with a VLan tool (Hamachi, Tunngle), those things are awesome, they lets you create a group of people, everybody in this group can detect your LAN server. FEAR is cool, it has a quick IP connect, if you dont see the LAN server you have to add his IP.

Profile photo of HaaH
    HaaH

Wow, thanks for the help Benox50. It hadn’t even occurred to me to use any VLAN programs like Hamachi. I’ll try to complete the other steps and update here if I run into any problems or succeed in getting it to work.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

So you CAN play the SP version of the game in COOP mode? If so, how would I accomplish that?

Profile photo of =MXT=Fred.cpp
    =MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

There’s a server that made that, something like FEAR SP something.
    And yeah, you need to make some tweaks here and there. as Benox50 said.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Yeah I read through his post but there wasn’t really enough info to go on.

He says:

“You have to rip-out the world00p file from the retail version and put it into a FEAR archive, like an MP map it needs a .INI file.”

Not really sure what he means by that and it isn’t explained further.

Also mentions:

“Now you need to play with a VLan tool (Hamachi, Tunngle)..”

but doesn’t say what needs to be done using either s/w.

Impossible to proceed with such vague information, sadly :-/

Profile photo of Dankos'
    Dankos’
    Participant

Hey Mike, if You wanna SP maps, join the Fear Walkthrough server. There are all SP maps + some maps from Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. You can download these maps so fast and add them to Your server or just stay there. Btw There is a lot of fun so I recmmend it 😛 Server is not 24/7 but is often online

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Hmm .. how would I connect to it? When I try “Find Server” with ‘Internet’ all I get is the word “Error” in the bottom left field?

Profile photo of Dankos'
    Dankos’
    Participant

Maybe Your antyvirus/firewall is blocking? You can also add manual IP’s server and join then – here at the website You have the list of servers (of course i mean Fear Combat:) )

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Well, I tried shutting off my firewall and port forwarding the Fear 3 ports (I couldn’t find any references to which ones are for Fear so assuming they are the same as Fear 3) that I found on the internet (4098-4101, 8766, 27016) but I still just get “Error”.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Ok looks like it’s the FEARMP.exe program in retail Fear itself that is the problem, because when I run FEARMP.exe from SEC2 I can find servers no problem. Go figure.

So is the actual name of the server you mentioned “Fear Walkthrough”, because I don’t see that name in the list of internet servers at the moment.

Profile photo of Dankos'
    Dankos’
    Participant

This server is hosting by admin (only when he’s online) so You must catch the good moment, but server is online everyday for some hours (SlowMo DM) so next time You should enter 😉

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Ok I finally got on it (‘Fear Walkthrough’) .. it’s downloading the files now. Where does it download the files if I wanted to set up my own server with them?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike

Ok look like it puts the single ‘.arch00’ map files in “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEARCombat\Custom\DownloadedContent” under separate directories with names like “8d5f75f7590d4eff8474bd43c15b81dd”. Hmm now if I could figure out how to set up the server to go through the maps in the right order, heh. Time to go back to the server readme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FEAR Combat powered by FEAR Combat Community © 2015