After many requests, we have finally re-created the torrent version of the F.E.A.R. Combat (SEC2) v2.0.1 (Full) for download.
Initially it will be seeded by this site, and hopefully more seeds will be added as more people download it.
You can grab it here –> Torrent
FEAR has taken a competitive twist ever since Phreeze and friends brought us SEC2 and the new CD-Keys. Now with a player base as old and as skilled as most players are this really creates a skill gap between the new and old players.
Newbie’s Don’t get frustrated!
But how do you get as good as a pro player? In the FEAR community, there’s always people playing, people who may or may not be better than you. Where do you fit in, and how do you get higher up on your ladder to gaming greatness?
One can never learn enough and is constantly learning, same applies to the FEAR community. These simple tactics that are formulated through reading, learning the hard way through constant experience, or just instinct will help you step it up in the game. Fast paced, twitch reaction, and no hesitation will help you prevail. Here’s a few pointers that you might benefit from.
- Know your weapon. Take a look at the current map. Size, how many players, what type of map it is ( be it urban, open scape, closed hallways indoors), and your play style all must come into play with this.
- VK-12 Shotgun is a great weapon, but only under a select few circumstances. Same goes for the RPL. Consider if you’re in a tight quarters map. Shotguns are too slow when trying to get more shots off, However shotguns give you the ability to rake down hallways with lead, leaving whatever poor soul is stuck in front of you to be mowed down.
- RPL Sub-machine guns are great since in the FEAR world, their accuracy at full automatic is relatively the same when you run just as if you are standing still, giving you the advantage of strafing, jumping, ducking, without the loss of accuracy with an assault rifle. However the RPL sub machinegun lacks the knock down power needed in most fire fights.
- 10mm HV Penetrator The accuracy and range of the 10mm HV Penetrator is perfect for blasting people at 60 yards with 3 or 4 shots to the body. The 10mm HV Penetrator is a great and powerful weapon for the mid-large maps. It has all most no recoil or bullet spread while standing still. However it fires slow and reloads even slower. The best thing about this weapon is its awesome knock down power. There is a reason some call it the nail gun. It will literally will nail your opponent to the wall..
- G2A2 Assault Rifle By far the most popular weapon for all FEAR pro players. It is very balanced and reloads relatively quickly. The G2A2 is very accurate while zoomed in however take note that when you move your accuracy goes down the drain, especially when jumping, you can almost always destroy an opponent by standing still or crouching and not moving. With an enemy jumping all over the place you may get hit 1 or 2 times, but with you planted your firing rate and accuracy will be on top of them, pounding them with rounds before they even hit the ground. Moral of the story: plant yourself and let loose that itchy trigger finger on people who want to jump and jive.
- ASP sniper rifle is self explanatory. Just make sure you have a nice vantage point, preferably slightly above your enemy. If using the ASP sniper rifle you will reign if you find a nice corner and sit down with a hard hitting, fast firing, 3 round burst sniper rifle, pounding countless rounds into people spawning and running around corners.
- Dual AT-14 pistols are a great choice when playing close combat maps and the 36 rounds before reloading last longer than any one fire fight. The AT-14 rounds hit hard and fast and are the favorite for players that love to rush the enemy.
2. Understand the Game.
- It sounds like a textbook concept, but if you don’t know how something works in any given situation, you aren’t going to train at your full potential.
- Learn everything about the maps you play on, such as important item areas, vantage points, secret (or just less visible) locations, and “sucker zones” (areas where players are the most vulnerable).
- Learn the weapons or units and how to use them in more than one situation effectively.
- Learn about strategies, tactics, and game breaking moments that other players speak about on FB or the community web site, and use this to your advantage
3. Practice, practice, practice!
- Join an empty server by yourself. Play around with the game, and get a feel for the timing, speed, and caution you need.
- Practice grenade throws and the speed and distance you can accurately throw one.
- Practice reloading as this is arguably the most venerable time during a fire fight.
- practice your ability to use sounds to your advantage.
- Practice Unarmed attacks as these are very important and very hard to defend against.
Read the FAQ section for more information on how to set the game options for better performance. Also read the forum as there is a wealth of information in there as well.
enjoy the game 🙂 its all about having fun with friends!
As promised, the new version of the community supported FEAR Combat SEC2 has been released!
Download links are available in the right sidebar –>
If anyone has any issues with downloading or installing the new version, please leave a message in the shoutbox, create a forum post, or use the ‘Contact Us’ form.
Update: This feature is now live!
As part of the upcoming new release of SEC2 v2.0.1, there is a new server-side feature that will enable score tracking integration with your fear-community.org account.
Here is a sample of what it looks like in action:
It has been quite some time since the last release, so just thought I would post some details about the next upcoming release:
- Added: player statistics reporting to master server
- Added: new commands to dynamically assign a password to a server (cmd_lockserver <password>, cmd_unlockserver)
- Added: new command to randomize teams (cmd_scramble)
- Added: broadcast message when server is paused or unpaused
- Added: silent admin login option (usage: “scmd login silent” instead of “scmd login mode”)
- Added: option to exclude members of the same clan from auto balance
- Changed: “ADMIN:” is now prefixed to all admin broadcast messages
- Changed: renamed cmd_chgpass to cmd_chgscmdpass
- Changed: UA mode (cmd_unarmed) will now be disabled at the end of the map
- Changed: disable cd-key check when LanOnly=1
- Changed: PICKUP_HACK to warning instead of automatic ban, and exceeding warning threshold will result in temp ban
- Fixed: server crash bug caused by restarting map when server is paused
- Fixed: do not display FLY_HACK warning while server is paused
- Fixed: servers not appearing in serverlist when containing a large number of custom maps
- Removed: blacklisted keys check, since all old keys are treated as invalid
- Added: “Querying” text box when retrieving server list to show game is not hung
- Added: if master server is down, query backup server when retrieving server list
- Changed: master server query timeout from 10 sec to 5 sec
- Fixed: always set dedicated server to true when launching host from in-game
- Removed: punkbuster column from server list
Server admins, if you are interested in testing out the new release, please drop myself or Fred a message!