Final Update: We have included the latest versions in the download section. Currently Beta 2 and 3 for Linux and Windows. We will just continue uploading the latest dev versions, but they are stable enough for use and include patches for latest hacks availables; we focus on the more damaging ones, like Crash, immortal and invisible players. Check them periodically.
Update 2: Windows version updated to 2.0.5 Alpha 3; fixing more false positives and adding detection of more hack events.
Update: Windows version updated to 2.0.5 Alpha 2; fixing false positives and adding a couple extra features under test.
Server admins should unban DAMAGE_PLAYER_HACK detections caused by a bug int the previous 2.0.5. Alpha 1 testing version. (sorry, my fault).
We are happy to announce the inmediate availability of the SEC2 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 update for FEAR Combat Dedicated Servers.
There are open beta testing versions, so we encourage server admins to keep an eye on their servers and report issues.
- Recent changes:
- Several Hack detection features.
- Sound spam.
- Vote type spam
- Weapon Spawn (Can cause false positives for connections losing packets).
- Kill Player Hack.
- Immortal Players
- Ban other players
- Go Into Invalid Team
- Crash all other players
- Vote Kick players on any Team
Some features may not be available in Linux version. We should release an update for It in the next days.
We want to let you all know we continue the development of the antihack support of SEC2, as long as new features (Some, are related to mod support!).
Also, @Holland released a IPBan tool, perfect to deal with crashers and persistent hackers.
You can find these in the downloads section of the site (Registered users only).
4 years ago, 5th December 2012: GameSpy shut down the FEAR Master Server.
That day (late night), we released the FEAR Launcher as a temporal workaround to continue playing.
One month later, the updated SEC2 version was launched, connecting to the new FEAR Master Server (hosted by FEAR-Community.org), and fixing the ingame Functionality to host, search and connect servers.
“We continue working in the maintenance, bugfix and promotion of the game, by providing downloads for the gamefiles and Game Keys, tutorials, tips and support.
Our goal is to keep this free game alive.”
I saw this video years ago and just stumbled on it again. It was Uploaded on Nov 6, 2006
and was entered into GameTrailers.com’s What is Your F.E.A.R. contest!
I must say after all these years it’s still my favorite.
Click the link and enjoy 🙂
F.E.A.R. Live real person Action
Update: This feature is now live!
As part of the upcoming new release of SEC2 v2.0.1, there is a new server-side feature that will enable score tracking integration with your fear-community.org account.
Here is a sample of what it looks like in action:
It has been quite some time since the last release, so just thought I would post some details about the next upcoming release:
- Added: player statistics reporting to master server
- Added: new commands to dynamically assign a password to a server (cmd_lockserver <password>, cmd_unlockserver)
- Added: new command to randomize teams (cmd_scramble)
- Added: broadcast message when server is paused or unpaused
- Added: silent admin login option (usage: “scmd login silent” instead of “scmd login mode”)
- Added: option to exclude members of the same clan from auto balance
- Changed: “ADMIN:” is now prefixed to all admin broadcast messages
- Changed: renamed cmd_chgpass to cmd_chgscmdpass
- Changed: UA mode (cmd_unarmed) will now be disabled at the end of the map
- Changed: disable cd-key check when LanOnly=1
- Changed: PICKUP_HACK to warning instead of automatic ban, and exceeding warning threshold will result in temp ban
- Fixed: server crash bug caused by restarting map when server is paused
- Fixed: do not display FLY_HACK warning while server is paused
- Fixed: servers not appearing in serverlist when containing a large number of custom maps
- Removed: blacklisted keys check, since all old keys are treated as invalid
- Added: “Querying” text box when retrieving server list to show game is not hung
- Added: if master server is down, query backup server when retrieving server list
- Changed: master server query timeout from 10 sec to 5 sec
- Fixed: always set dedicated server to true when launching host from in-game
- Removed: punkbuster column from server list
Server admins, if you are interested in testing out the new release, please drop myself or Fred a message!